RE- OPENING! on Government Instruction we’re opening our doors on the 27th of July
The Government has announced that Gyms and Leisure Centres can reopen from 25th July 2020 – we are delighted to be able to tell you that from 12pm on the 27th July you will be able to use the gym once again.
It feels like an eternity since the 20th March when the Government asked us all to shut down to reduce the spread of COVID19, and we can’t wait to see you back again in YMCA.
Since the announcement that we can reopen, we have been working through Government guidance to ensure that we are fully compliant with the regulations.
We have introduced a number of new measures, including:
- A booking system for gym use and classes available at ymcagym.co.uk/members-area/
- Revised opening hours to allow for deep cleaning
- Mon – Fri 7am – 8pm
- Sat – Sun 9am – 3pm
- More hand sanitising stations
- Enhanced cleaning routines
- 2m Social Distancing measures
- One-way systems in place around the gym, with a separate entrance and exit
- Facilities for users to clean equipment after use
- Time restrictions in gym
- Users should arrive gym ready (as there is a reduced number of lockers and showers will be out of use)
- A reduced class timetable, and
- Contactless payments
The water fountain will not be operating so bring a bottle of water with you.
As you will be aware, when we sadly closed our doors in March, we froze your membership payment. We are now in the process of re-starting all memberships; direct debit payments will be taken on the same date as they used to be.
If you have a prepaid membership; time will be added on to cover what has been lost with the closure.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back into YMCA Gym!
For Further Information
Read Government advice here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Find out more about the NHS advice here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/