Practitioners say regular pilates practise can help improve posture, muscle tone, balance and joint mobility, as well as relieve stress and tension. For athletes, pilates can complement their training by developing whole body strength and flexibility, and help reduce the risk of injury.
Here are some more benefits of doing a pilates class:
- A refreshing mind-body workout
- Develop a strong core – flat abdominals and a strong back
- Gain long, lean muscles and flexibility
- Create an evenly conditioned body, improve sports performance, and prevent injuries
- Learn how to move efficiently
- It’s gentle…But it’s also challenging
At YMCA Gym we run a great Pilates class on Tuesday 5:30-6:15pm
We hope to see you there!